Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes are the best addition to any meal. They are soft on the inside and crispy on the outside and done in just 25 minutes!
Sweet potatoes are a staple in my house and I love that there are so many different ways to prepare and enjoy them. Some of my favorites are fries, cubes like this recipe and mashed.
These air fryer sweet potatoes are so easy to make and are done in just 25 minutes. They are crispy on the outside and soft in the middle. You can keep the skin on or peel the potatoes, whichever you prefer.
- Sweet potatoes- use any kind of sweet potato in this recipe, hannah, jewel, purple, etc. All will work for this recipe.
- Salt and black pepper
- Smoked paprika and garlic powder- any kind of paprika will work in this recipe but I prefer the flavor of smoked paprika.
- Olive oil- you can also use avocado oil or another mild-flavored oil.
See the recipe card below for quantities.
Begin by dicing the sweet potatoes into ½-inch pieces. (See the video below for how I dice the potato). I peeled the potatoes for this recipe but you can leave the skin on if you prefer.
Season the potatoes with the spices and olive oil and cook in the air fryer for about 20 minutes. Serve and enjoy.
Hint: Cook time will depend on your individual air fryer. Make sure to keep an eye on the potatoes.
Grab what you need for this recipe:
- Air fryer
- Chef's Knife
- Large bowl
- Measuring spoons needed: ½ teaspoon, 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon.
The potatoes will be done when they are slightly browned on the outside. After 20 minutes, test one of the potatoes. If it still seems slightly hard, cook them for another 5 minutes.
Preheating is not necessary, however, I prefer to preheat because the cooking time is shorter.
These potatoes can be stored in the fridge for about 3 days. However, these potatoes are best when served fresh.
To reheat, I prefer using the air fryer again or the oven at 350 degrees F for 5-10 minutes.
More Side Dishes
5 Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes!
Air Fryer Sweet Potatoes
- 3 medium-sized sweet potatoes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- Peel (optional) and dice the sweet potatoes into ½ inch pieces.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Add the potatoes to a large bowl and add the salt, smoked paprika, black pepper, garlic powder and olive oil. Toss the potatoes to coat with the seasonings and oil.
- Place the potatoes in a single layer of the air fryer (cook in batches if needed) and cook for 15-20 minutes until slightly browned on the outside and soft in the middle.
- Serve as a side with your favorite meal.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.