Air Fryer Sausage and Peppers is a quick, easy and delicious meal. This is the perfect recipe for parties and game day festivities! Serve with hoagie buns, over pasta or on their own as an appetizer.
This is a delicious and super easy versatile dinner recipe. It's perfect to make during a busy week for the family or to prepare for a party. This recipe is made with only a few ingredients and is done in just 30 minutes!
I love serving these air fryer sausage and peppers in a hoagie roll. It reminds me of getting a sausage and peppers sandwich at a baseball game or from an NYC street cart. Grab your air fryer and let's do this!
This recipe requires only a few ingredients.
- Sausages- I used both spicy and sweet Italian sausages in this recipe. You can use turkey, chicken or pork sausage, just make sure it is uncooked.
- Bell peppers and onions- use one red and one green bell pepper. You will also need one sweet onion.
- Rolls- use hoagie rolls, hot dog rolls, potato buns or brioche buns. Any kind of roll will work.
Air fryer temperature. I cooked the sausage and veggies at 400 degrees F in my air fryer. If your air fryer tends to run hotter, set it to 375 degrees F instead.
Cook time. This recipe calls for cooking the peppers, onion and sausage at the same time. If you prefer your veggies to be softer, cook them for 5-8 minutes longer than the sausage.
Substitutions and variations. If you prefer to use pre-cooked sausage, you will need to reduce the cook time to about 10 minutes, just until the sausages are browned. Instead of red and green peppers, you can use orange or yellow.
Serving and Storing
Serve the air fryer sausage and peppers in a bun with mustard, marinara sauce and/or mozzarella cheese for a great tasting sandwich. They can also be served over pasta, rice or mashed potatoes.
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. Reheat in the microwave for about 1-2 minutes.
5 Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes!
Air Fryer Sausage and Peppers
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 green bell pepper sliced
- 1 sweet onion sliced
- 1 pound sweet or spicy Italian sausage
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- For serving: rolls, mustard, marinara sauce and/or mozzarella cheese
- Begin by slicing the bell peppers and the sweet onion. Add them to a large bowl and season with salt, black pepper and olive oil. Toss to coat with your hands or tongs.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Once preheated, add the vegetables to the air fryer basket and top them with the sausages.
- Cook for 10 minutes, flip the sausages and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove from the air fryer and serve on rolls with your favorite toppings. Enjoy!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.