These Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Thighs are flavorful, juicy and easy to make. Pair them with your favorite side dishes for a delicious meal every time.
It's grilling season! The best time of year, if you ask me. These chicken thighs only require 5 minutes of prep and about 12 minutes of cooking time (plus marinating time). This recipe is the perfect dinner for weeknights or a Summer BBQ. Serve with Roasted Mediterranean Vegetables!
You only need a few simple ingredients for this Grilled Mediterranean chicken:
- Chicken thighs- this recipe uses bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs for more flavor and juiciness.
- Spices and seasonings: garlic, paprika, dried coriander and red wine vinegar.
These chicken thighs are really easy to make.
You should marinate the chicken for at least 30 minutes, but preferably for 2-12 hours or overnight. Marinate the chicken in either a bowl or a resealable plastic bag.
Grill the chicken thighs until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
Your grill should be around 450 degrees F for bone-in chicken thighs.
Chicken thighs should have an internal temperature of 165 degrees F to be safe to eat. Use a meat thermometer or cut into the chicken thighs after they've been resting for 5 minutes. The juices will run clear when the chicken is cooked.
Yes. Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a cast-iron skillet on medium heat. Place chicken thighs skin side down and cook for 10 minutes, flip and cook for another 8-10 minutes. Let rest for 5 minutes before serving.
To keep up with the Mediterranean theme, couscous is a perfect side. However, couscous can be flavorless, so my tip is to cook it in chicken broth instead of water. I also like to add salt, pepper, garlic powder, lemon juice and herbs for additional flavor.
Especially for the Summer months, a fresh side salad also pairs beautifully with these chicken thighs. I like to serve these chicken thighs with my Italian Tomato Salad, Strawberry Tomato Summer Salad, Egg and Mayo-Free Potato Salad or Mediterranean Lemon Orzo Salad. You may also love my Instant Pot Jamaican Rice and Peas recipe.
After dinner, enjoy my Gluten-Free Key Lime Pie Bars for a healthier but still satisfying treat!
Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Thighs
- 1.5-2 pounds bone-in, skin on chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried coriander
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Place the chicken thighs in a large bowl then add the remaining ingredients to the bowl with the chicken.
- Toss the chicken thighs with tongs or your hands to coat with the marinade.
- Refrigerate and let the chicken thighs marinate for at least 30 minutes before cooking.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high heat. Sear the chicken thighs for 5-10 minutes per side (longer amount of time will be needed if using an indoor grill) until the internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Let the chicken rest for 5 minutes before serving and enjoy!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.