These Air Fryer Chicken Tenders are crispy on the outside and juicy in the middle. All you need is 7 ingredients, 20 minutes & your favorite dipping sauce!
These chicken tenders are so simple but also so good. They came out way better than I thought they would. They're the perfect meal for the whole family, adults and kids alike! If you love this recipe, you will also enjoy my Beer-Battered Air Fryer Haddock.
These taste even better than the fast-food version and are done in just 20 minutes! Serve them up with your favorite sauce and you've got the perfect treat. I love ketchup and honey mustard for dipping.
One of the best parts about these chicken tenders is the super simple ingredient list. You probably already have everything in your pantry already. Full ingredient amounts are in the recipe card below.
- Flour- this recipe calls for all-purpose flour.
- Eggs- you'll need eggs to help with the breading and coating the tenders with breadcrumbs.
- Breadcrumbs- grab one cup of panko breadcrumbs for this recipe.
Yes, instead of all-purpose flour, you can use 1:1 gluten-free flour or almond flour. The panko breadcrumbs can be replaced with any gluten-free breadcrumbs.
Leftover tenders can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 3-4 days. When reheating, reheat in the air fryer or the oven at 350 degrees F for around 5 minutes.
You can bake the chicken in the oven at 400 degrees F for 10-15 minutes. Check the chicken after 10 minutes to see if it has reached 165 degrees F internally.
Set up an assembly line:
-Combine flour in a medium-sized bowl with the spices and mix to combine.
-Whisk eggs in a separate bowl.
-Add breadcrumbs to their own medium-sized bowl.
Dip chicken tenders in flour, eggs and then breadcrumb mixture.
These tenders can be served as a party appetizer with your favorite dips (ketchup, honey mustard, ranch, buffalo sauce, BBQ sauce). To make it a meal, serve with fries and a side salad, potato salad, coleslaw or your favorite veggies.
More Chicken Recipes
Air Fryer Crispy Buffalo Chicken Sandwiches
Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Kabobs
Chicken Tenders in the Air Fryer
- 1 pound chicken tenders
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- Preheat air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Set up an assembly line: combine flour in a medium-sized bowl with the spices and mix to combine. Whisk eggs in a separate bowl and add breadcrumbs to their own medium-sized bowl.
- Dip a piece of chicken in the flour mixture until it is coated on all sides, then dip the chicken in the egg bowl, again coating on all sides. Finally, dip the piece of chicken in the breadcrumbs and press down until it is fully coated. Transfer to a plate, then repeat the process with the remaining pieces of chicken.
- Spray air fryer basket lightly with cooking oil, add chicken tenderloins in a single layer into the basket and spray with more cooking oil. Cook for 6 minutes, flip and cook for another 6 minutes. Internal temperature should be 165 degrees F.
- Serve chicken tenders with your favorite sauces and fries. Enjoy!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Karen Burns-Booth says
SAVED! As I have an air fryer and I am on a diet, again! They look FABULOUS! THANK YOU so much for linking up to #CookBlogShare week 22 - Karen 🙂
Sarah Holt says
Thank you Karen!
Magdalena Marsden says
This recipe looks delicious and the flavours sound amazing! It will be perfect for a mid week dinner.
Sarah Holt says
thanks so much, Magdalena! You will love them