These Air Fryer Carrots are perfectly seasoned with chopped garlic and rosemary and roasted for the perfect side dish. They are golden brown on the outside and tender on the inside.
These air fryer roasted carrots are the perfect side dish. They are so flavorful, savory and easy to make!
These carrots are ideal for any night of the week but can also be served with Thanksgiving, Easter and Christmas dinners! If you are a lover of side dishes, you'll also enjoy my Air Fryer Butternut Squash and Sheet Pan Maple Bacon Brussels Sprouts.
Why You'll Love this Recipe
- Quick! These roasted garlic carrots are done in just 20 minutes. That's half the time of roasting them in the oven.
- Healthy and flavorful. This recipe only uses a few simple ingredients to make these carrots super flavorful but still nutritious!
- Customizable. Feel free to add more spices and herbs or even parmesan to these carrots to customize them to your liking. Cooking time should remain the same.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Carrots- for 3-4 servings you will need 1 pound of carrots. You can use traditional orange carrots or tri-color carrots.
- Olive oil- I like cooking with extra virgin olive oil. You can also use avocado oil in this recipe. We only need 1 tablespoon of oil.
- Garlic- I highly recommend using fresh garlic cloves to roast with the carrots. You can chop or mince the garlic.
See the recipe card below for quantities and remaining ingredients.
Grab what you need for this recipe:
- Cutting board
- Chef's knife
- Vegetable peeler
- Air fryer
- Measuring spoons needed: ½ teaspoon, 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon.
These air fryer carrots come together in just a few easy steps.
- Peel and slice the carrots and place them into a large bowl.
- Chop the garlic.
- Season the carrots.
- Air fry until softened and golden.
I prefer to cut carrots lengthwise into matchstick or French fry shaped pieces. You want all pieces to be of similar size so they cook evenly.
No- however, I prefer using a little bit of oil to help crisp up the food. Part of what makes these carrots great is their crispiness.
Yes, you can use baby carrots. However, large carrots taste better when air-fried and roasted so I don't recommend them.
Yes! Prep the carrots the same way and then roast the carrots at 400 degrees F on a sheet pan for 25-35 minutes, flipping halfway through.
Storage and Reheating
The carrots will stay good in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 4 days.
Reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
Make sure you know how your air fryer works, it may take less or more time to cook the carrots depending on your individual air fryer. I use the NuWave Brio.
Don't overcrowd the air fryer. This will prevent the carrots from cooking evenly and properly.
More Air Fryer Recipes
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE 30-MINUTE RECIPE COOKBOOK!
You'll get my 8 best family-friendly, 30-minute recipes, complete with ingredients and instructions!
Air Fryer Roasted Carrots with Garlic
- 1 pound carrots
- 3 garlic cloves diced or minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Peel and cut the carrots into matchsticks and add them to a large bowl.
- Dice or mince the garlic and add it to the bowl with the carrots.
- Season with olive oil, salt, black pepper and rosemary. Mix to coat the carrots.
- Add the carrots to the air fryer and cook for 15-20 minutes, flipping halfway through.
If you make this recipe, please leave a rating and a comment. I love to know what you are making and ratings help me to create more delicious recipes for you!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.