These Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes are crispy, crunchy and topped with a fresh herb vinaigrette. Serve them as a side with dinner tonight!
Bringing you another air fryer recipe! These smashed potatoes are so so good. If you're craving crispy and crunchy potatoes, these will hit the spot. They pair well with so many things and the whole family will enjoy them.
A few ingredient notes. See the recipe card below for quantities.
- Potatoes- this recipe calls for yellow potatoes but you can also use red or purple potatoes.
- Fresh cilantro and parsley- you will want to chop the herbs nice and finely for the vinaigrette.
- Red pepper flakes- these add a little kick to the vinaigrette.
Boil the potatoes. In a large pot or Dutch oven, add the potatoes and a pinch of sea salt. Boil the potatoes until they are fork-tender.
Smash the potatoes. Using a mug, cup or potato masher, gently smash each potato to a ½ inch thick.
Air fry the potatoes. Cook the potatoes in a single layer in your air fryer until golden and crispy.
Make the herb vinaigrette. Combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
Serve topped with the vinaigrette and enjoy!
Hint: if the potatoes don't smash easily, they need to be cooked a little while longer.
Grab what you need for this recipe:
- Large pot or Dutch oven
- Sheet pan
- Mug, cup or potato masher for smashing
- Air fryer
- Chef's knife
- Measuring cups and spoons needed: ½ teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, 1 tablespoon and ¼ cup.
While these air fryer smashed potatoes are pretty simple, there are a few things you can do to switch things up.
- Use sweet potatoes- instead of yellow potatoes, use sweet potatoes instead for a different taste.
- Add different toppings- replace the herb vinaigrette with cheddar cheese, bacon and chives for a different take on potato skins.
If you have leftovers, store the potatoes separately from the vinaigrette so they don't get soggy. Reheat the potatoes in the air fryer or oven if you want them to stay crispy.
The smashed potatoes and vinaigrette should last in the fridge for 2 to 3 days.
More Air Fryer Recipes
5 Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes!
Air Fryer Smashed Potatoes
- 2 pounds yellow potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh cilantro and parsley finely chopped
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt and black pepper to taste
- In a large pot or Dutch oven, add the potatoes and a pinch of sea salt. Add water until the potatoes are fully covered.
- Bring the water to a boil and boil the potatoes for 20-25 minutes until fork tender. Drain the water.
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Place the potatoes on a plate or sheet pan. Using a mug, cup or potato masher, gently smash each potato to a ½ inch thick.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil, salt, black pepper and garlic powder.
- Add the potatoes to your air fryer in a single layer (you may need to cook in batches) and cook for 12 minutes.
- While the potatoes are cooking, make your herb vinaigrette by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Flip the potatoes and cook for another 5 minutes until golden and crispy.
- Serve topped with the vinaigrette and enjoy!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.