This healthy potato salad has no eggs or mayo! It's easy to make, vegan and gluten-free. Serve it at your next party.
Why this Recipe Works
This potato salad recipe is healthy, easy to make and uses minimal ingredients. There are so many potato salad recipes out there but most of them use similar ingredients. This recipe is different and you will love it. It's made with a simple homemade balsamic vinaigrette that you can use for so many other things.
This potato salad is made without mayo and without eggs making it a perfect vegan and gluten-free side dish. It can be made right before your party as it only takes 25 minutes to whip together. It goes great with sandwiches, burgers and all your favorite party foods.
This potato salad pairs well with Grilled Mediterranean Chicken Thighs and Air Fryer Turkey Burgers. This potato salad also goes great with Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sliders.
This recipe is made with just 7 ingredients! I'm sure you already have most of them at home in your fridge and pantry. See the recipe card below for quantities.
- Salt and black pepper
- Dijon mustard
- Balsamic vinegar
- Olive oil
Pick the right type of potatoes. For potato salad, you want to use small potatoes with thin skin. I used red potatoes here but you can use yellow, white or fingerling potatoes.
Cut the potatoes before cooking. Make sure to cut the potatoes into quarters before boiling as this will help them hold their shape better when mixing the salad together.
Mix the dijon and vinegar before adding the oil. Mix together the dijon mustard and balsamic vinegar until it is fully emulsified before adding the oil.
This potato salad will keep in the fridge for up to 3 days in an airtight container.
Store the leftover dressing in the fridge for a few months. I like to store mine in a mason jar or another jar or bottle that can be closed tightly. Just shake the dressing to mix everything together before using.
More Side Dishes
Mediterranean Lemon Orzo Salad
Proscuitto, Burrata and Grilled Peach Salad
What to Serve with Pulled Pork Sliders
Potato Salad Recipe no Mayo
- 1 ½ pounds small baby potatoes, cut into quarters
- ½ tablespoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons fresh chives, chopped for garnish
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan or Dutch oven and cover with water by 1 inch. Add in a ½ tablespoon of sea salt. Turn the heat to high and bring the water to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook until potatoes are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Strain the potatoes and add them to a large mixing bowl.
- Make the dressing by adding dijon mustard and balsamic vinegar to a bowl or jar. Mix or shake until combined. Pour in the olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour the dressing over the potatoes and mix gently with a large spoon to combine. You will use about ½ of the dressing, the remainder can be stored in the fridge for a few weeks.
- Sprinkle the potatoes with the chopped chives and flakey sea salt, if desired. Serve immediately or store in the fridge for up to 3 days.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.
Leave a star rating and review, ask me a question or leave a tip!