BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders are made with tender and juicy pulled pork and topped with coleslaw. They are made in the slow cooker, are easy to prep and are perfect for game days and parties!
Pulled pork is a great way to serve a crowd of people. Adding it to sliders makes it perfect for any parties or game-day gatherings. This pork is coated in a simple rub, browned and then cooked until juicy and tender.
Why You'll Love this Recipe
- Easy. This recipe requires just 10 minutes of prep time, the slow cooker does the rest.
- Flavorful. Simple ingredients come together for a super flavorful meal.
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Pork shoulder or pork butt- you can use either boneless or bone-in.
- Chicken broth- vegetable or beef broth will also work if you have either of those already on hand at home.
- Barbecue sauce- use your favorite bbq sauce for this recipe.
- Spices- you will need smoked paprika, cayenne pepper and garlic powder.
- Apple cider vinegar- vinegar helps to balance and brighten the flavor of the pork. You can also use white wine vinegar.
See the recipe card below for quantities and remaining ingredients.
Grab what you need for this recipe:
- Cutting board
- Large pot or skillet
- Slow cooker
- Measuring spoons and cups needed: ¼ teaspoon, ½ teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, 1 tablespoon, ½ cup and 1 cup.
- Rub and brown the meat. Rub the pork with the spice rub and brown it on all sides.
- Add everything to the slow cooker. In the slow cooker, add the browned pork, diced onion, broth, vinegar and bbq sauce.
- Cook low and slow. Put the cover on top and cook on low for 8 hours until it is fork-tender.
- Serve. Serve the pork on slider rolls and enjoy!
The best cut of pork is pork shoulder or pork butt. Leaner cuts of pork are not good for pulled pork as they won't fall apart easily.
You will know the meat is done when it is fork-tender. If you stick a fork into the meat and it easily falls apart, it is done cooking. If you overcook it, the pork will be mushy.
To make this in the Instant Pot, follow Step 1 below and brown the meat in the pot on the Sauté setting. Turn it off and add the chopped onion, apple cider vinegar, chicken broth and bbq sauce. Top with the lid, set the valve to seal and cook on high pressure for 45 minutes. Allow the pressure to come down naturally for 10 minutes then move the valve to release the remaining pressure. Shred the pork and serve.
These sliders are best served immediately after assembling. Top your favorite slider rolls with the pork, drizzle with additional barbecue sauce and add the coleslaw.
Storage and Reheating
The pulled pork can be stored in the fridge for about 5 days and would be great on lettuce or served along with your favorite sides. It can also be frozen for up to 3 months. Defrost in the fridge and reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
The coleslaw will keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. I don't recommend freezing the coleslaw.
I highly recommend you don't skip browning the pork before adding it to the slow cooker or crockpot. It adds a lot of extra flavor.
The pulled pork is best cooked low and slow for 8 hours.
More Game Day Recipes
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE 30-MINUTE RECIPE COOKBOOK!
You'll get my 8 best family-friendly, 30-minute recipes, complete with ingredients and instructions!
Slow Cooker BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders
- 2.5-3 pound boneless pork shoulder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1-2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow or white onion chopped
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 1 cup chicken broth
- ½ cup bbq sauce
- slider buns or dinner rolls for serving
- 1 (8-12 ounce) package of slaw mix
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together the garlic powder, paprika, salt, pepper and cayenne. Rub this mixture all over the pork.
- Heat 1-2 tablespoons of oil in a large pot or skillet over medium-high heat. Add the pork to the pan and brown on all sides, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Once browned, place the pork shoulder into the bottom of the slow cooker. Top with the chopped onion, apple cider vinegar, chicken broth and bbq sauce.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. Shred the pork with two forks and mix with all of the juices.
- Serve on slider buns or dinner rolls topped with the slaw.
- Mix the coleslaw ingredients together in a bowl until combined. Set aside in the fridge until time to serve.
If you make this recipe, please leave a rating and a comment. I love to know what you are making and ratings help me to create more delicious recipes for you!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.