This Prosciutto, Burrata and Grilled Peach Salad is perfect for Summer parties. Sweet peaches and salty prosciutto pair perfectly with the creamy burrata. Serve over arugula or your favorite greens for a delicious meal.
If you're looking for the ultimate summer salad, this is it. Salty prosciutto slices pair so well with the sweet grilled peaches. It's perfect to make for your family on a busy night or to serve your guests at your next dinner party.
What you need for this grilled peach salad:
- Burrata cheese- any brand of burrata that you can find at your grocery store will work in this salad.
- Ripe peaches- when picking peaches, make sure they are slightly ripe and are freeform peaches, meaning the pit can easily be removed.
- Balsamic vinegar and honey- you will use these to make a homemade glaze. If you already have one on hand or if you prefer, use a pre-made balsamic glaze.
The peaches should be ripe enough that they are easy to cut and remove the pits. If you have never grilled fruit before, then this post from thekitchn will be helpful. It discusses the best peaches to use for grilling. As we head deeper into Summer, the easier it will be to find ripe and juicy peaches.
You can grill the peaches on a traditional gas grill, indoor electric grill or as I did on a cast iron grill pan. If you can find super juicy and ripe peaches, you can add those to the salad without grilling. I like grilling my peaches because it elevates any dish and adds a nice caramelized flavor.
Use a pairing knife and cut along the seam, starting at the stem, all the way around the peach. Twist each side in either hand to separate the two halves. Pull the pit out with your fingers or use the end of the knife to help loosen the pit.
This salad is amazing served on its own because the different flavors throughout the dish compliment each other very well. However, you can serve crunchy bread on the side and this would be perfect over leafy greens such as arugula and mixed greens.
Also, don't forget a crisp glass of white wine or rosé!
More Summer Recipes
Prosciutto, Burrata and Grilled Peach Salad
- 1 ball burrata cheese
- 2 peaches cut in half and pitted
- 4-6 slices proscuitto
- 8 basil leaves sliced very thin or torn
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and black pepper to taste
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar*
- 1 tablespoon honey*
- Heat a grill to medium-high heat. Brush each peach with ¼ teaspoon of olive oil.
- Place peaches cut side down on the grill and cook for 4-5 minutes, flip and cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add balsamic vinegar and honey to a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Once boiling, reduce the heat and simmer until it is reduced by ½. Turn off the heat and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Remove peaches from the grill and place on platter along with ball of burrata and proscuitto slices.
- Season with salt, pepper and basil leaves. Drizzle everything with the remaining olive oil and the balsamic glaze. Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.