This Roasted Tomato and Habanero Salsa recipe is so easy to make and loaded with favor! Perfect with chips, tacos, burritos and more. Make this roasted salsa recipe for your next party or Taco Tuesday, everyone will love it. It uses fresh ingredients and can be made quickly in a food processor or blender.
Truthfully, I never make homemade salsa, I mean it's just so much easier to buy from the store. But, I went home a few weeks ago and my brother-in-law had made this salsa recipe and I just had to remake to share on the blog. I got his permission to share the recipe, promise you will love it!
What you need for this habanero salsa recipe
This recipe can be customized, depending on how spicy you like your salsa and you can also add additional seasonings if you wish.
- Beefsteak or vine-ripened tomatoes -check out this post for the best tomatoes to use for every recipe
- Green and red bell pepper
- Yellow onion
- Habanero pepper- can also use jalapeño
- Lime juice
How to make this roasted salsa
I made this recipe using the oven by roasting the vegetables at 450 for 20-30 minutes. Because I live in an apartment, I don't have a gas grill, but this would be a perfect way to cook the veggies. Grill on medium heat for 5 minutes, flip and then grill for 5 minutes on the other side.
Once cooked, allow vegetables to cool for a few minutes, then put all ingredients in a food processor or blender and pulse until the salsa reaches a consistency you like. Pulse longer for a smoother salsa.
How to use this habanero salsa recipe
This roasted tomato and habanero salsa recipe is perfect for dipping tortilla chips or on your favorite nachos. It also goes great with my Chili Lime Shrimp Tacos recipe.
If you like this recipe…
You may also like:
If you make this recipe, comment below and tag me on Instagram @realfoodwithsarah! xo, Sarah
Roasted Tomato and Habanero Salsa
- 2 beefsteak or vine-ripened tomatoes
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 habanero pepper
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 lime, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup cilantro
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees and line baking sheet with parchment paper
- Cut tomatoes, peppers and onion in half, place on baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil
- Place baking sheet in oven and roast for 20-30 minutes, until slightly charred
- Allow vegetables to cool for 10 minutes then add to blender or food processor with remaining ingredients
- Pulse a few times until salsa has reached desired consistency, shorter for chunky salsa