This 5 Minute Lemon Garlic Hummus is creamy, perfectly textured and full of flavor. Perfect to pair with fresh cut veggies, crackers or on a sandwich.
Hummus is a staple in my fridge and in my diet. It’s such an easy and versatile dip and goes with just about anything. I love having it as an afternoon snack with raw veggies or pita bread. Tortilla chips, crackers & pretzels also pair perfectly for an easy afternoon snack. It also makes the perfect addition to any sandwich or wrap.
Lately, I’ve been making my own at home and it’s so easy I wanted to share with you guys. I made this recipe super simple but it’s so easy to customize with many different flavors, check out my Cumin Turmeric Spiced Hummus!
How do I store this hummus?
I store my hummus in a glass storage container in the fridge. Mine usually only lasts a few days but you can store it for 1-2 weeks.
What you need for this recipe
- Can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- Garlic cloves
- Olive oil
How to make this recipe
All you need is a high-powered blender or food processor for this recipe. Chickpeas should be rinsed beforehand and garlic cloves should be peeled, other than that, not prep is involved.
As a note, I used tahini in this recipe but you can omit it you don’t have it.
5 Minute Lemon Garlic Hummus
- 1 can chickpeas or garbanzo beans, drained & rinsed (reserving liquid)
- 1/2 large lemon, juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1/2 cup reserved liquid from chickpeas
- Add chickpeas to food processor or blender, along with the rest of the ingredients, aside from the reserved liquid
- Blend for 1-2 minutes
- Add reserved liquid in small increments until hummus is smooth in consistency
- Taste and add more salt, if necessary
If you make this, let me know and be sure to tag me on Instagram! xo, Sarah