This 5 Minute Lemon Garlic Hummus is creamy, perfectly textured and full of flavor. Perfect to pair with fresh-cut veggies, crackers or on a sandwich.
Hummus is a staple in my fridge and in my diet. It's such an easy and versatile dip and goes with just about anything. I love having it as an afternoon snack with raw veggies or pita bread. Tortilla chips, crackers & pretzels also pair perfectly for an easy afternoon snack. It also makes the perfect addition to any sandwich or wrap.
This lemon garlic hummus recipe is super simple but it's so easy to customize with many different flavors. Check out my Cumin Turmeric Spiced Hummus or my Spicy Avocado Black Bean Dip for more dip ideas!
You only need a few simple ingredients for this lemon garlic hummus:
- Can chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
- Garlic cloves
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Tahini- tahini is optional in this recipe. If you have all of the other ingredients don't go to the store just for tahini.
You only need a few tools for this recipe:
- Can opener
- High-powered blender or food processor
- Measuring cups and spoons needed: 1 teaspoon, 1 tablespoon, ½ cup.
Chickpeas should be rinsed beforehand and garlic cloves should be peeled, other than that, no prep is involved.
Add the rinsed chickpeas to a food processor or blender, along with the rest of the ingredients, aside from the reserved liquid. Blend for 30 seconds.
Next, pour in the reserved liquid in small increments and pulse until the hummus reaches a smooth consistency.
Taste and add more salt, if necessary. Serve with your favorite chips or vegetables and enjoy!
At the grocery store, you'll notice these beans may have two different names, chickpeas or garbanzo beans. They mean the same thing and are used interchangeably. The term garbanzo comes from Spanish-speaking culture, whereas chickpea comes from an English adaptation of a French term that originated in Egyptian, Roman, Greek and Turkish culture. Read more about this here, if you're interested.
The hummus should be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for 1-2 weeks.
Yes! Customize it to your liking. Use less garlic or more lemon juice, add paprika, red pepper flakes or fresh herbs. Top the hummus with crispy chickpeas or pine nuts for more texture.
5 Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes!
5 Minute Lemon Garlic Hummus
- 1 can chickpeas or garbanzo beans drained & rinsed (reserving liquid)
- ½ large lemon juiced
- 2-3 garlic cloves peeled
- 1-2 teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon tahini* optional
- ½ cup reserved liquid from chickpeas
- Add the chickpeas to a food processor or blender, along with the rest of the ingredients, aside from the reserved liquid. Blend for 30 seconds.
- Pour in the reserved liquid in small increments and pulse until the hummus is smooth in consistency.
- Taste and add more salt, if necessary. Serve with your favorite chips or vegetables and enjoy!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.