These tasty and easy Lemon and Herb Salmon Burgers are made with fresh salmon and baked in the oven. This recipe will be your new go-to healthy dinner.
If you love salmon and you love burgers, you're going to love this recipe. These burgers have the perfect lemon and herb flavor and pair great with roasted sweet potato fries and a simple salad. These salmon burgers take only 25 minutes total, including prep and cook time, so they are perfect for busy nights!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Salmon- I used fresh wild-caught salmon in this recipe but you can also used canned salmon. Just make sure it is skinless and boneless.
- Dijon mustard
- Herbs- the recipe calls for scallions and cilantro but you can also use parsley or dill.
- Panko breadcrumbs- use gluten-free breadcrumbs if needed.
Full ingredient list and quantities are in the recipe card below.
Grab what you need for this recipe:
- Cutting board
- Food processor
- Sheet pan
- Measuring spoons and cups needed: 1 teaspoon, 1 tablespoon and ½ cup.
Prep the salmon. Remove the skin from the salmon and cut it into cubes.
Make the burgers. Add the salmon to a food processor with the egg, mustard and lemon juice until it forms a paste.
Form the burgers. Next, add the breadcrumbs and remaining ingredients to the salmon mixture, mix and form into 4 burger patties.
Bake in the oven and serve with your favorite toppings.
There are a few ways to customize and play around with these salmon burgers.
- Chili lime- I love chili lime seasoning. For this variation, I replace the lemon with lime and add in chili lime seasoning, all of the other ingredients stay the same.
- Jalapeño cilantro- this is perfect if you're a fan of spice! Replace the lemon with lime and add 1 small diced jalapeño.
- Sliced avocado
- Sir Kensington's sriracha mayo or special sauce- I'm not the biggest fan of mayo but I love these.
- Mango or pineapple salsa
- 1 pound wild-caught salmon
- 1 egg
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 tablespoons scallions
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- ½ cup panko breadcrumbs*
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Remove skin from the salmon and cut into cubes. Add the salmon along with the egg, dijon mustard and lemon juice to a food processor or high-powered blender.
- Pulse the mixture until it forms a paste then transfer to a bowl and add in the remaining ingredients.
- Mix with your hands and form mixture into 4 patties (add more breadcrumbs if too wet or more lemon juice if too dry).
- Place burgers on a baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and serve with fries and a salad, your favorite vegetable or on a bun. Enjoy!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.