Just got an air fryer? These Air Fryer Recipes for Beginners are the place to start! There are tons of easy recipes from burgers to chips to eggs. I'm also sharing my top 5 air fryer tips and common cooking temperatures to use. You'll be an air frying pro in no time!
The air fryer quickly became my favorite kitchen appliance. You can use it to cook so many things from chicken to fish to vegetables. These are my top tips for using your air fryer:
- Always preheat your air fryer just like you would your oven.
- Don't overcrowd the food in the air fryer or it won't cook properly.
- Rotate the food at least once to circulate the air and evenly cook the food.
- Avoid excess oil or the food will become soggy. Lightly spray the food with cooking oil instead.
- Sauces and marinades will burn and stick to the bottom of the air fryer. Top the food with sauces after cooking.
What temperature should I use?
Temperature can vary by recipe, but these are the temperatures I typically use:
- Poultry: 360-375 degrees F
- Seafood: 400 degrees F
- Veggies: 400 degrees F
- Wings/Drumsticks: 375-400 degrees F
- Meatballs: 375 degrees F
Yes, you can use oil in an air fryer. However, you only need about 1-2 tablespoons to achieve crispy food.
First, make sure the air fryer is unplugged and not hot to the touch. Use a damp cloth to wipe the interior and exterior of the air fryer. Remove any excess crumbs from the basket or tray.
Most air fryer baskets and trays can be taken out and washed by hand or even in the dishwasher. I recommend consulting your air fryer's manual.
Yes, the air fryer is great for cooking frozen food. However, it may take longer so you will have to adjust the cooking time of most recipes.