These Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs are made with simple ingredients and coated in a delicious sauce. Serve with rice and your favorite veggies.
This is a delicious 15-minute chicken thigh recipe with a simple and tasty sauce. It's made with pantry staples so it is perfect for when you don't have dinner planned.
The sauce is made with just 4 ingredients (plus salt and pepper) and can be used for other proteins (beef, pork, shrimp, tofu, etc.). Whip this up tonight and get an amazing dinner on the table in no time!
- Chicken thighs- this recipe uses boneless, skinless chicken thighs.
- Salt and black pepper
- Garlic cloves- you'll be using 5-6 minced garlic cloves in this recipe.
- Honey- use your favorite honey. I love cooking and baking with local honey.
- Soy sauce
- Apple cider vinegar
See the recipe card below for quantities.
Begin by marinating the chicken in a large bowl or resealable plastic bag. I recommend letting the chicken marinate for at least 30 minutes.
Cook the chicken in a skillet for about 12 minutes before adding the remaining sauce to the pan. Make sure to cook the sauce for at least 5 minutes to burn off any bacteria from the raw chicken.
Serve the chicken topped with the sauce and your favorite sides.
Tip: Make sure the internal temperature of the chicken is 165 degrees F before serving.
This recipe only has a few ingredients so there aren't a ton of substitutions that can be made but you can make the following adjustments:
- Chicken thighs- you can use bone-in chicken thighs or chicken breasts if you prefer.
- Honey- if you don't like honey, I recommend replacing it with maple syrup. It will have a slightly different taste, but will still work.
- Soy sauce- use tamari, if you want to make this gluten-free or coconut aminos if you prefer no soy.
This chicken can be served in many different ways. Some of my favorite sides:
- Jasmine or Basmati rice
- Green beans
- Roasted creamer potatoes
Grab what you need for this recipe:
- Large skillet
- Large bowl or resealable plastic bag
- Measuring spoons and cups needed: ½ teaspoon, 1 tablespoon and ¼ cup.
Store the honey garlic chicken thighs in an airtight container or bag in the fridge for 3-5 days. Reheat in the microwave for 1-2 minutes.
The chicken thighs can be frozen for 2-3 months. I like to freeze the leftover chicken to use at a later date for salads on busy days.
More Chicken Recipes
Honey Garlic Chicken Thighs
- 1-1 ½ pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- In a large resealable plastic bag or bowl, combine the chicken thighs with the rest of the ingredients. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat one tablespoon of olive oil or avocado oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken thighs to the skillet and cook for 5 minutes. Do not throw away the marinade.
- Flip the chicken and cook for another 6-7 minutes. Make some room in the pan and add the remaining marinade to the pan.
- Increase the heat slightly and boil the sauce for about 5 minutes until the sauce reduces and thickens.* Turn the chicken to coat in the sauce, turn off the heat and place on a plate, topped with the remaining sauce.
- Serve and enjoy!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.