Air Fryer Toaster Strudels are filled with a simple homemade berry jam and use store-bought pastry sheets. They are topped with a delicious glaze after baking. You won't be able to eat just one!
All I have to say about these is that they will really test your self-control. These air fryer toaster strudels are just that good. They look and taste amazing and the best part is they are really easy to make!
Make these over the weekend for a breakfast treat or enjoy a fun new dessert during the week. While these are not a healthy treat, they are better than the store-bought alternative that is filled with ingredients you can barely pronounce. These will have you reminiscing on your childhood.
A few ingredient notes:
- Pastry sheets- we're using store-bought puff pastry sheets here to make this recipe easy! I used Pepperidge Farm brand which you can find in the freezer section of most grocery stores.
- Berries- this recipe calls for frozen mixed berries. You can also use fresh but I really like the way frozen berries meltdown into a jam.
- Lemon juice- you'll use 1 tablespoon of lemon juice to help offset the sugar and add a little acidity to the jam.
- Cornstarch- cornstarch helps to thicken the jam so it is not runny.
Begin by making the berry filling. Heat the frozen berries, lemon juice, and brown sugar in a pan on the stove. Stir in the cornstarch to thicken, remove from the heat and let cool.
Fill the pastry sheets. Spread out the pastry sheets and fill the centers with a few spoonfuls of the berry jam. Seal all sides of the pastries and brush with an egg wash. Cook the pastries in the air fryer until golden.
Make the glaze. Mix the sugar and milk in a bowl until smooth. Top the pastries with the glaze and enjoy!
Yes! If you don't have an air fryer or prefer to use an oven, bake the toaster strudels in the oven at 425 degrees F for 20 minutes or until golden.
Any air fryer will work to make these air fryer toaster strudels. If you are in the market for one, I recommend the NuWave Brio 14qt Digital Air Fryer or NuWave Brio 6-Quart Digital Air Fryer depending on how much you are cooking in the air fryer and how large your family is.
More Delicious Recipes
5 Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes!
Air Fryer Toaster Strudels
- 2 puff pastry sheets thawed
- 1 egg beaten for egg wash
- 1 ½ cups mixed frozen berries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- In a small sauce pan, heat frozen berries, lemon juice, and brown sugar over medium heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to low and cook for 3-4 minutes. Stir in the cornstarch and cook for another 3 minutes. Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Preheat the air fryer to 360 degrees F.
- Cut puff pastry sheet into 6 even rectangles, there should be 12 total. Pierce the bottom of each sheet with a fork several times.
- Spread out 6 of the pastry sheets onto a floured surface or on a sheet of parchment paper. Fill the centers with a few spoonfuls of the berry jam, leaving about a ½ inch border on all sides.
- Use the rest of the puff pastry sheets to top the berry covered sheets. Use the points of a fork to seal all sides of the pastries. Brush each pastry with the egg wash.
- Place pastries in the air fryer and cook for 7 minutes, flip and cook for another 5-7 minutes. Be sure to keep an eye on them as they cook quickly!
- While the toaster strudels are cooking, make the glaze. Mix the sugar and milk in a bowl until smooth. Top the pastries with the glaze and enjoy!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.