These Spicy Watermelon Margaritas are super refreshing. Made with fresh fruit and only 5 ingredients, it will be your new favorite summer cocktail!
This watermelon margarita is the perfect Summer cocktail. You can always find me drinking any type of margarita, they are my drink of choice.
This recipe is one of my favorites because it is so easy to make and requires very few ingredients. They are made with no added sugar which is perfect for minimizing hangover headaches the next day.
These are served over ice with a spicy, salted rim and are perfect to enjoy all season long. I like to pair this recipe with my Proscuitto, Burrata and Grilled Peach Salad and my BBQ Chicken Tacos with Pineapple Salsa.
You only need a few ingredients for these spicy watermelon margaritas!
- Tequila- I used 1800 Silver Tequila but I also love Casamigos, Patrón and Espolòn.
- Infused tequila- I infused tequila with a habanero pepper but you can use jalapeño pepper instead (steps on how to infuse tequila are below).
- Watermelon juice- I used fresh watermelon juice for this recipe but store-bought also works, just make sure there is no added sugar. Watermelon juice is sweet enough already!
How to infuse tequila
Thinly slice one habanero or one jalapeño pepper and add it to a jar with 1-2 cups of tequila. Use more tequila or less pepper if you are sensitive to spice.
Cover the jar and let it sit for 1-2 days. The longer it sits, the spicier it gets. Remove the pepper by straining the tequila and store it in an airtight container. *I didn't strain my tequila but I would suggest doing so if you don't like your drinks too spicy.
How to make watermelon juice
Cut up a watermelon and add it to a blender. Blend until it is totally pulverized (about 30 seconds-1 minute) then pour the mixture over a mesh strainer into a bowl or pitcher. That's it, super simple!
You only need one cup of juice for this recipe so you can juice a quarter or a half of a watermelon for this and then save the rest for a snack!
I hope you enjoy these spicy watermelon margaritas as much as I do!
More Summer Recipes
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE 30-MINUTE RECIPE COOKBOOK!
You'll get my 8 best family-friendly, 30-minute recipes, complete with ingredients and instructions!
Spicy Watermelon Margaritas
- lime wedges
- Trader Joe's Chili Lime Seasoning or a mixture of sea salt and cayenne pepper
- 3 ounces tequila
- 1-2 teaspoons habanero or jalapeño infused tequila
- 1 cup watermelon juice
- 2 ounces triple sec
- 2-3 limes juiced
- Rub lime wedges over the rim of two cocktail glasses.
- Pour some chili lime seasoning or a mixture of salt and cayenne pepper onto a small plate.
- Dip the cup upside down onto the plate of salt and press down, ensuring the entire rim is covered.
- Add ice, tequila, lime juice, infused tequila, triple sec and watermelon juice to a cocktail shaker. Shake or stir until combined.
- Fill the glasses with ice and pour margarita mixture over the rocks.
- Serve immediately and garnish with lime wedge and watermelon cube if desired. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please leave a rating and a comment. I love to know what you are making and ratings help me to create more delicious recipes for you!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.