Twist on two classics, banana bread and peanut butter and jelly. This one bowl PB&J banana bread is made with oat flour and no refined sugar!
When thinking up this recipe, I had no idea if it would work out or not. It came out much better than I imagined. It tastes like banana bread with a hint of peanut butter and the berries add the perfect amount of extra sweetness.
I used gluten-free oat flour in this recipe because I want it to be something everyone can enjoy, I don't have any gluten intolerances myself. I haven't tried any alternatives for this recipe yet, if you do let me know!
For this recipe, I made my own flour by blending quick cook oats in a blender for 30 seconds. You could also use rolled or sprouted oats, just make sure they are gluten-free if that is needed. Or you can buy pre-made oat flour (I like Bob's Red Mill). You can get this at Whole Foods and most other grocery stores or on Amazon.
What you need for this oat flour banana bread
- Ripe bananas
- Oat flour
- Peanut butter (I suggest using all-natural, no sugar-added creamy peanut butter)
- Maple syrup (make sure this is real maple syrup, don't use the fake stuff!)
- Frozen berries (can sub fresh berries or your favorite jam)
I hope you love this recipe as much as I do!
If you make this, don't forget to tag me on Instagram! xo, Sarah
You May Also Like:
Oat Flour Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Bread (Gluten-Free)
- 2 bananas, mashed (about 1 cup)
- 1 ½ cups gluten-free oat flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup creamy all-natural peanut butter, no sugar added
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ cup frozen berries, melted and mashed*
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease loaf pan with cooking spray
- Combine all ingredients, aside from berries in large bowl
- Mix to combine
- Melt frozen berries on stove top or microwave and use a fork or potato masher to crush into a jam like texture
- Pour HALF the batter into the loaf pan
- Pour HALF the berries over the mix and swirl/marble, using a fork or knife
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 with the remaining mix and berries
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
*The links that redirect to Amazon are affiliate links, which means I receive a commission on your purchase if you order anything through these links. Thanks for supporting me and my blog!