A twist on two classics, this one-bowl Peanut Butter and Jelly banana bread is made with healthy ingredients and will satisfy your cravings!
This recipe takes classic banana bread and combines it with creamy peanut butter and melty berries for an upgrade on your favorite childhood lunch!
This peanut butter and jelly banana bread recipe uses typical banana bread recipe items with a total of 10 ingredients:
- Ripe bananas- you'll need 2 medium-large brown and spotty bananas, about 1 cup mashed.
- Oat flour- homemade or storebought oat flour both work.
- Peanut butter- I suggest using all-natural, no-sugar-added creamy peanut butter.
- Maple syrup- adds some extra sweetness to the banana bread.
- Cinnamon- I love cinnamon in any banana bread recipe.
- Frozen berries- can sub fresh berries or your favorite jam.
- Vanilla extract- always makes baked goods that much better.
- Baking soda and baking powder- both will help the banana bread rise and cook properly.
Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and greasing a loaf pan with cooking spray. Next, add all of the ingredients, aside from the berries into a large bowl and mix to combine.
Melt the frozen berries on the stovetop in a small saucepan over low heat for 4-5 minutes or in the microwave for about 1 minute. Use a fork or potato masher to crush the berries into a jam-like texture.
Repeat with the remaining batter and berries.
Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let the loaf cool for about 30 minutes, slice and enjoy!
The loaf can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for 2-3 days, in the fridge for up to 1 week or in the freezer for about 3 months. Thaw the banana bread completely and enjoy.
Oat flour is so easy to make, it is just ground oats! You can buy pre-made oat flour but it's so much cheaper to make it yourself. Simply, add quick cook or rolled oats to your blender or food processor; and blend until a flour forms, approximately 30 seconds - 1 minute.
Pro-tip: Measure your oat flour amount AFTER you have ground it into flour, this makes for a more accurate ratio in recipes.
Oat Flour Peanut Butter and Jelly Banana Bread (Gluten-Free)
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 ½ cups oat flour
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup creamy all-natural peanut butter*, no sugar added
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup frozen berries, melted and mashed**
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease a loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Add all of the ingredients, aside from berries in a large bowl and mix to combine.
- Melt the frozen berries on the stovetop in a small saucepan over low heat for 4-5 minutes or in the microwave for about 1 minute. Use a fork or potato masher to crush the berries into a jam-like texture.
- Pour HALF of the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Next, pour HALF of the berries over the batter and swirl/marble, using a fork or knife.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 with the remaining batter and berries.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let the loaf cool for about 30 minutes, slice and enjoy!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.