The easiest one bowl Oat Flour Banana Bread! Light, fluffy and full of chocolate chips. Enjoy this for breakfast, as a snack or even dessert.
This banana bread is the ultimate sweet and chocolatey treat. Banana bread is the best thing to make when you have ripe bananas and are craving something sweet.
I am always finding new ways to bake with oat flour and had to make a classic banana bread recipe. But I had chocolate chips laying around and had to add those in.
You need basic baking ingredients for this oat flour banana bread:
- Bananas- you want ripe, brown and spotty bananas for banana bread.
- Oat flour- I prefer to make my own oat flour because it saves money, but you can use storebought.
- Baking soda and baking powder
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup- adds more sweetness along with the ripe bananas.
- Olive oil- I used extra virgin olive oil, but you can use melted coconut oil or avocado oil instead.
- Chocolate chips
Gather the following items and let's start baking:
- Loaf pan
- Cooking spray
- Large mixing bowl
- Measuring cups and spoons needed: 1 teaspoon, 1 cup, ¼ cup and ½ cup.
- Mixing utensil- whisk or spatula
- Cooling rack
Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F, then grease an 8 or 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
Combine all of the ingredients, aside from the chocolate chips, in a large bowl and mix to combine until the batter is smooth. Next, fold in the chocolate chips.
Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow the oat flour banana bread to cool for 15-20 minutes, remove it from the loaf pan, cut into slices and enjoy!
Oat flour is so easy to make, it is just ground oats! You can buy pre-made oat flour but it's so much cheaper to make it yourself. Simply, add quick cook or rolled oats to your blender or food processor; and blend until a flour forms, approximately 30 seconds - 1 minute. Pro-tip: Measure your oat flour amount AFTER you have ground it into flour, this makes for a more accurate ratio in recipes.
The banana bread will last for up to a week in the fridge, in an airtight container. It can be stored at room temperature for about 2 days if it is in an airtight container.
The banana bread can also be frozen in a freezer-safe container or plastic bag. It will last about 3 months if stored in the freezer. To thaw, keep it at room temperature for about an hour, then reheat each slice in the microwave for approximately 30 seconds.
More Banana Bread Recipes
5 Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes!
Chocolate Chip Oat Flour Banana Bread
- 2 bananas mashed
- 2 cups oat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup olive oil
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8 or 9-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine all of the ingredients, aside from the chocolate chips, in a large bowl and mix to combine until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Pour batter into the greased loaf pan and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Allow to cool for 15-20 minutes, remove from the loaf pan, cut into slices and enjoy!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.