This Marbled Maple Cinnamon Banana Bread makes the perfect sweet treat. A classic banana bread recipe with a cinnamon roll twist.
One of my absolute favorite things to eat for breakfast growing up was cinnamon swirl bread, specifically the Thomas’ brand. This bread toasted with butter is heaven if you ask me. However, it was always the cinnamon swirl bread, never cinnamon raisin. Sorry but raisins are gross. I’m also not the biggest fan of grapes so it makes sense.
This banana bread recipe is so simple, sweet and flavorful. I used a simple banana bread recipe as the base and added in a swirl of maple syrup and cinnamon. This loaf won’t last long in your house, I had to stop myself from eating the whole thing in one day. Also the marbling on top of the loaf is just so beautiful to me 🙂.
What you need for this recipe
- Ripe Bananas
- All purpose or gluten-free all purpose 1:1 flour
- Baking soda
- Vanilla extract
- Maple syrup
- Olive oil (haven’t tried another oil in this recipe but coconut oil or vegetable oil should be a good substitute)
How to make cinnamon banana bread
You need ripe bananas for this recipe, they should be really brown and spotty. The riper the better because they will be easier to mash and they are sweeter. Nobody wants a banana bread made with green bananas, gross.
For this recipe, all purpose flour or gluten-free 1:1 baking flour (any brand) should work. I have not tested other flours (whole wheat, oat, etc) but plan on doing this soon and will update this post.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl aside from the marble ingredients (2 tbsp maple syrup and 2 tsp cinnamon). Once the batter is mixed, you will add half of the batter to a loaf pan. Then you will add half of the marbling mix on top, and using a knife or spoon, swirl it into the batter to create a marbled look. You will then repeat this with the remaining batter and marbling mix. Bake and enjoy!
Similar Recipes You May Like:
Marbled Maple Cinnamon Banana Bread
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups flour*
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease loaf pan with cooking spray
- Combine all ingredients, aside from syrup and cinnamon for the marble, in a large bowl
- Mix to combine
- Combine marble ingredients in small bowl
- Pour HALF the batter into the loaf pan
- Pour HALF the syrup and cinnamon marbling mix into the pan and swirl/marble, using a fork or knife
- Repeat steps 6 and 7 with the remaining batter and marbling mix
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
If you make this recipe, tag me on Instagram! xo, Sarah