These Baked Chocolate Donuts are fluffy and cakey and covered in chocolate frosting. Add sprinkles on top for a fun twist and enjoy!
Who doesn't love donuts?! These are super cakey and are the perfect sweet treat for any time of day. The recipe comes together in just a few minutes with minimal ingredients. Everything you'll need is listed below!
These chocolate baked donuts come together in minutes but you'll need some kitchen tools to make it happen! Gather a few measuring cups and spoons and the following:
- Large mixing bowl
- Small microwave-safe bowl
- Cups and spoons needed: 1 cup, ¼ cup, ½ cup, 1 teaspoon, ½ teaspoon, 1 tablespoon.
- Stirring utensil like a spatula
- Donut pans
- Spoon or ice cream scoop for adding batter to donut molds
What you need to make these baked chocolate donuts:
- All-purpose flour- this recipe hasn't been tested with alternative flours. You'll use 1 cup.
- Cocoa powder- next, add ¼ cup cocoa powder. I like using a fine mesh strainer to sift after measuring because the cocoa powder gets clumpy in the container.
- Baking powder and baking soda- you'll need 1 teaspoon of each.
- Salt- add a ½ teaspoon.
- Maple syrup- use ½ cup of honey in place of the maple syrup if you prefer.
- Coconut oil- make sure the coconut oil is melted, you need a ¼ cup.
What you need for the frosting:
- Chocolate chips- ¼ cup melted chocolate chips are needed for the frosting.
- Maple syrup
- Rainbow sprinkles- optional, but a fun topping to add!
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and grease donut pans with cooking spray. I use silicone pans.
Add flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder & salt to a large bowl. Pour in maple syrup and melted coconut oil, then crack in the eggs. Mix the batter until smooth, I prefer to use a spatula here. Pour or scoop the batter into donut molds, filling ¾ way full.
Bake the donuts for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let them cool for about 5 minutes.
While the donuts are baking, make frosting by adding chocolate chips to a small bowl and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds-1 minute until melted. Stir in the maple syrup and mix to combine.
Once slightly cooled, dip the donuts into the frosting and top with sprinkles, if desired. Enjoy!
Other Baked Goods You May Like
Stay in Touch
Make sure you subscribe to my newsletter! I send emails of "What to make, read, and listen to" each month and also include some of my favorite products and purchases. Plus, you'll receive my Weekly Meal Planning Tips!
I love interacting with my community on all social channels, so don't forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest!
Chocolate Frosted Donuts
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- rainbow sprinkles, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease donut pans with cooking spray.
- Add all donut ingredients in a large bowl and mix to combine. Pour the batter into donut molds, filling ¾ way full.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Let cool for about 5 minutes.
- While donuts are baking, make frosting by adding chocolate chips to a small bowl and melt in the microwave for 30 seconds-1 minute until melted. Stir in maple syrup.
- Dip into frosting and top with sprinkles, if desired. Enjoy!