Jalapeño Cheddar Cornbread is everything you love about Jiffy cornbread but with a little kick. It pairs perfectly with your favorite chili, soup, bbq ribs or chicken.
This jalapeño cheddar cornbread recipe uses the classic Jiffy cornbread box mix plus a jalapeño pepper and cheddar cheese. Pair this cornbread recipe with my Easy No Bean Turkey Chili or Instant Pot Chicken Chili. This recipe couldn't be any easier!
All you need is a few ingredients for this jalapeño cheddar Jiffy cornbread. Full quantities are listed in the recipe card below.
- Jiffy cornbread mix
- Milk of choice- you can use any unsweetened dairy or non-dairy milk.
- Jalapeño pepper- deseed and devein the pepper if you are sensitive to spice.
- Cheddar cheese- I shredded a block of sharp cheddar for this recipe, but you can use already shredded cheese, which will make the recipe even easier.
In a large bowl combine all of the ingredients, aside from the jalapeño and cheese. Fold in the diced jalapeño pepper and cheddar cheese.
Bake until golden brown or a toothpick comes out clean. Baking time will depend on the pan you use and your individual oven.
Cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then cut into equal-sized squares.
Tip: When deseeding and dicing the jalapeño, use gloves or wash your hands thoroughly after handling. Touching your face and eyes after handling a hot pepper, can be dangerous.
I have used both a glass pan and a metal pan for this recipe. If using a glass pan, you will need to bake the cornbread for longer, about 25-30 minutes.
The cheddar jalapeño cornbread will last up to a week in the fridge and about a month in the freezer in an airtight container. Since this recipe contains cheese, it is best not to store the cornbread at room temperature.
Defrost and then reheat in the microwave.
More Baked Goods Recipes
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE 30-MINUTE RECIPE COOKBOOK!
You'll get my 8 best family-friendly, 30-minute recipes, complete with ingredients and instructions!
Cheddar Jalapeño Jiffy Cornbread
- 1 box Jiffy cornbread mix
- ⅓ cup milk of choice
- 1 egg
- ½ jalapeño pepper deseeded and diced
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F and grease a 9x9 or 8x8 baking pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl combine the cornbread mix with the milk and egg.
- Mix ingredients until combined. Fold in the diced jalapeño and cheddar cheese.
- Transfer batter to greased baking pan. Bake for 16-20 minutes until golden brown or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool in the pan for about 15 minutes, then cut into equal-sized squares. Serve with your favorite dish, on its own or with a spread of butter and a drizzle of honey. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please leave a rating and a comment. I love to know what you are making and ratings help me to create more delicious recipes for you!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.