This no bean turkey chili recipe is quick and easy to make. It's flavor-packed and is the perfect weeknight dinner. Add your favorite toppings and serve on chilly nights.
Chili is one of my favorite dishes to enjoy when the weather gets cooler. It is very easy to put together and there are different options for cooking, depending on how hands-on you want to be.
This chili recipe is made with turkey but would be perfect with beef. I made this recipe with no beans because my boyfriend isn't a fan but a can or two of beans can easily be added to this turkey chili recipe. This is a perfect meal prep recipe for busy weeks. Check out my Weekly Meal Planning and Prepping Tips for more ideas.
Here are a few ingredient notes for this no bean turkey chili. Full quantities are in the recipe card below.
- Olive oil or avocado oil- both are great to cook with.
- Ground turkey- can substitute with ground beef or ground pork.
- Jalapeño pepper- adds additional flavor and spice to the chili.
- Can diced tomatoes- make sure there are no added flavors such as basil.
- Broth- you can use either chicken, beef or vegetable broth in this no bean turkey chili.
This chili recipe without beans can be made on the stovetop or in a slow cooker. You can find instructions for both in the recipe card.
Brown the ground turkey. Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat, then add ground turkey and cook until browned.
Cook the vegetables. Add the diced onion and peppers to the pan and cook until the onion is translucent.
Add the remaining ingredients. Add the remaining ingredients to the pot and cook for about 45 minutes.
If using a slow cooker, add all of the ingredients to the slow cooker with the cooked turkey. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
Enjoy the no bean turkey chili as is on its own or top with your favorite chili toppings.
- Cheese- cheddar, Mexican blend cheese or pepper jack are great options.
- Sliced avocado
- Jalapeño slices- even extra spice!
- Lime wedges
- Greek yogurt or sour cream- helps to cut the heat and adds creaminess to the chili.
Serve the no bean turkey chili with my Jalapeño Cheddar Jiffy Cornbread.
This chili recipe is perfect for meal prep and can be stored in the fridge all week long. It also freezes well and can be stored in a freezer-safe container or plastic bag. Store in the freezer for a few months.
Defrost and reheat in the microwave or on the stovetop.
5 Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes!
No Bean Turkey Chili
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or avocado oil
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1 red bell pepper diced
- 1 jalapeno pepper deseed and diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can of tomato sauce
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 cups chicken, beef or vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat, then add ground turkey and brown while crumbling with a spatula, about 6-8 minutes.
- Add the diced onion, bell peppers and jalapeño to the pan. Stir and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes. Add in the minced garlic, a can of diced tomatoes and a can of tomato sauce. Stir to combine.
- Stir in the spices, salt, black pepper and broth. Bring the chili to a simmer. Turn down the heat to medium-low, cover and cook for about 45 minutes.
- Turn off the heat, let cool for a few minutes and serve with your favorite toppings.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat, then add ground turkey and brown while crumbling, about 6-8 minutes.
- Turn off the heat then add the turkey to the slow cooker along with the rest of the ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Turn off the slow cooker and serve with your favorite toppings.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.