White Chocolate Cranberry Scones are the ultimate breakfast pastry. They are easy to make and pair perfectly with coffee or a cup of tea! The sweet white chocolate and tart dried cranberries make the perfect combo.
These scones are the perfect treat. I love enjoying mine with a cup of coffee in the morning or with tea in the afternoon.
The white chocolate and cranberry combination is a classic especially when it comes to Christmas cookies. Switch it up and make scones instead, everyone will love them.
White chocolate cranberry scones use standard baking ingredients like flour, oil, sugar and eggs.
What you need for the white chocolate cranberry scones:
- All-purpose flour- I have not tested alternative flours yet for this recipe.
- Baking powder
- Honey- maple or agave syrup can both be used in place of honey if you don't have it.
- Coconut oil- ensure it is melted and cooled before mixing with the eggs.
- Dried cranberries- sweetened or unsweetened will work for this recipe.
- White chocolate chips
How to make white chocolate and cranberry scones:
Scones are pretty easy to bake even if you don't consider yourself a baker. They are pretty fool proof in my opinion.
Begin by preheating the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon) in large bowl. In a small bowl mix together the vanilla, honey, melted coconut oil and eggs. Be sure the coconut oil is cooled before mixing in with the eggs.
Add all the ingredients together and mix until it forms a dough-like consistency. Fold in the dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
Tip: It's much easier to use your hands for this step to work any remaining dry ingredients into the dough. Don't worry if there are any lingering powdery pieces in the bottom of the bowl.
Place the ball of dough on the baking sheet and form it into a flat round shape. Cut the dough into 6-8 equal pieces using a knife or pizza cutter.
Bake the scones for 18-25 minutes until golden. Check after 18 minutes to ensure the bottoms don't burn.
The white chocolate cranberry scones are very easy to store! They can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for about a week.
I would suggest making scones fresh because they only take 30 minutes. However, you can make the dough ahead of time and store in the fridge overnight or up to 1 month in the freezer, in an airtight container. Thaw the dough in the fridge before baking.
Instead of dried cranberries, use fresh, although they will be more tart. You can also use fresh or frozen raspberries or blueberries.
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE 30-MINUTE RECIPE COOKBOOK!
You'll get my 8 best family-friendly, 30-minute recipes, complete with ingredients and instructions!
White Chocolate Cranberry Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil melted and cooled
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in large bowl. In a small bowl mix together vanilla, honey, coconut oil and eggs.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until it forms a dough-like consistency. Fold in the dried cranberries and chocolate chips, easier to use your hands for this.
- Place dough on the parchment paper lined baking sheet and form into a round shape. Cut the dough into 6-8 equal pieces and separate on the sheet.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes until golden. Check after 18 minutes to ensure the bottoms don't burn.
- Let the scones cool for about 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please leave a rating and a comment. I love to know what you are making and ratings help me to create more delicious recipes for you!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.