White Chocolate Cranberry Scones are the perfect morning or afternoon treat. Perfectly crunchy on the outside and soft on the inside. The sweet white chocolate and tart dried cranberries make the perfect combo.
These scones are the perfect treat. I love enjoying mine with a cup of coffee in the morning or with tea in the afternoon.
The white chocolate and cranberry combination is a classic especially when it comes to Christmas cookies. Switch it up and make scones instead, everyone will love them.
White chocolate cranberry scones use standard baking ingredients like flour, oil, sugar and eggs.
What you need for the white chocolate cranberry scones:
- All-purpose flour- I have not tested alternative flours yet for this recipe.
- Baking powder
- Honey- maple or agave syrup can both be used in place of honey if you don't have it.
- Coconut oil- ensure it is melted and cooled before mixing with the eggs.
- Dried cranberries- sweetened or unsweetened will work for this recipe.
- White chocolate chips
How to make white chocolate cranberry scones:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Combine the dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon) in large bowl. In a small bowl mix together the vanilla, honey, melted coconut oil and eggs. Be sure the coconut oil is not too hot, otherwise it may begin to cook the eggs.
Add the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until it forms a dough-like consistency. Fold in the dried cranberries and white chocolate chips. It's much easier to use your hands for this step.
Place the dough on the parchment paper-lined baking sheet and form it into a round shape. Cut the dough into 6-8 equal pieces using a knife or pizza cutter and separate on the baking sheet.
Bake the scones for 18-25 minutes until golden. Check after 18 minutes to ensure the bottoms don't burn.
Let the scones cool for about 10-15 minutes before serving.
The scones are very easy to store! They can be kept in an airtight container at room temperature for about a week.
Stay in Touch
Make sure you subscribe to my newsletter! I send emails of "What to make, read, and listen to" each month and also include some of my favorite products and purchases. Plus, you'll receive my Weekly Meal Planning Tips!
I love interacting with my community on all social channels, so don't forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest!
White Chocolate Cranberry Scones
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ⅓ cup honey
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ¼ cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine flour, salt, baking powder and cinnamon in large bowl. In a small bowl mix together vanilla, honey, coconut oil and eggs.
- Add wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and stir until it forms a dough-like consistency. Fold in the dried cranberries and chocolate chips, easier to use your hands for this.
- Place dough on the parchment paper lined baking sheet and form into a round shape. Cut the dough into 6-8 equal pieces and separate on the sheet.
- Bake for 18-25 minutes until golden. Check after 18 minutes to ensure the bottoms don't burn.
- Let the scones cool for about 10-15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!