These Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins are sweetened with banana and maple syrup and can be made gluten-free. The perfect breakfast muffin!
What you need for this recipe
- 2 ripe bananas
- Flour– I’ve tested this recipe with both all-purpose and all-purpose gluten-free flour
- Baking powder
- Oil– avocado or coconut oil will both work for this recipe
- 2 eggs
- Maple syrup
- Oats– rolled and quick cook oats will both work in this recipe, use gluten-free or sprouted oats if needed
- Chocolate chips
How to make these chocolate chip banana muffins
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Then grease a muffin tin with cooking spray, any kind will work but I use coconut oil, or line with muffin liners.
Combine all ingredients in a large bowl, aside from oats and chocolate chips. Be sure not to over mix the batter, muffin batter shouldn’t be completely smooth.
Then fold the oats and chocolate chips into the batter. Distribute the batter evenly among the muffin cups, filling each almost to the top. I like adding additional oats and chocolate chips to the top of each muffin but this is optional.
Bake muffins for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean, then cool the muffins on a wire rack for 10-15 minutes.
How to store these muffins
These muffins can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for a few days. However, if you want to store the muffins for longer, keep them in the fridge for 1 week or freezer for a few months.
Tip: make sure to allow muffins to cool completely before storing to ensure they don’t get soggy.
Try these other banana recipes:
Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour or gluten-free all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ cup avocado or coconut oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ½ cup oats, use gluten-free if needed
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease muffin tin or line with muffin liners
- Add all ingredients to large bowl, aside from oats and chocolate chips
- Mix to combine (don't overmix!)
- Fold in oats and chocolate chips
- Evenly distribute batter throughout muffin tin, filling almost to the top
- Sprinkle additional oats and chocolate chips on the top of each muffin, if desired
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
If you make this recipe, comment below and tag me on Instagram! xo, Sarah