This summer Blueberry Lemon Tart is sweet, tangy and made with an easy shortbread crust. You'll love this dessert for the 4th of July, Labor Day and summer BBQs.
Lemon and blueberry is such a classic and delicious flavor combination. This beautiful lemon blueberry tart is light, fresh and summery.
You'll need just 11 ingredients to make this tart, most of which you may already have at home. Bring this dessert to all of your warm-weather get together and holiday parties.
The full list of ingredients is in the recipe card below but I wanted to highlight a few for you here:
- Flour- you can use all-purpose flour or gluten-free 1:1 flour. I like Bob's Red Mill brand and King Arthur brand.
- Blueberries- I recommend using frozen blueberries that have been defrosted, but you can also use fresh ones. You will need 12 ounces.
- Coconut cream- you can buy a can of coconut cream or place a can of coconut milk in the fridge overnight and scoop the cream from the top of the can. You'll need ½ cup/
Gather the following items and let's start baking:
- 8-inch tart pan or pie dish
- Mixing bowls
- Mixing utensil
- Measuring cups and spoons needed: 1 teaspoon, ¼ teaspoon, 1 tablespoon, ¼ cup, ½ cup, and 1 cup.
- Food processor or blender
- Mesh strainer
- Cooling rack
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8-inch tart pan or pie dish with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
Combine ingredients for the crust in a bowl and stir until no clumps remain.
Add the crust to the pie dish then bake for 10-12 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack while you make the filling.
Add all of the filling ingredients into a food processor or blender. Blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth. Pour the blueberry mixture into a bowl and then fold in a ½ cup of sifted flour.
Pour filling over the crust and bake until the filling is set on the outside but still jiggly in the middle. Remove the tart from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes then place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or ideally overnight.
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE 30-MINUTE RECIPE COOKBOOK!
You'll get my 8 best family-friendly, 30-minute recipes, complete with ingredients and instructions!
Lemon Blueberry Tart
- 1 ½ cups flour sifted
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ¾ cup coconut oil melted
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 12 ounces frozen blueberries defrosted
- ½ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- ½ cup coconut cream
- 3 egg yolks
- ½ cup flour sifted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease an 8-inch tart pan or pie dish with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Combine ingredients for the crust in a bowl and stir until no clumps remain.
- Add the crust to the pie dish and use your fingers to spread evenly on the bottom and up the side of the pie dish.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, remove from the oven and let cool on a wire rack while you make the filling.
- Add all of the filling ingredients, aside from the flour into a food processor or blender. Blend for 1-2 minutes until smooth.
- Place a mesh strainer over a medium-sized bowl and pour the blueberry mixture into the strainer to remove the blueberry skins. Fold in a ½ cup of sifted flour.
- Pour filling over the crust and bake for 15-20 minutes or until the filling is set on the outside but still jiggly in the middle. Remove the tart from the oven and let cool for 30 minutes then place in the fridge for at least 4 hours or ideally overnight.
- Cut into slices, top with whipped cream if desired, and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please leave a rating and a comment. I love to know what you are making and ratings help me to create more delicious recipes for you!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.