These Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks are flavorful and easy to make. Seasoned with a dry rub and tossed in buffalo sauce, you will love them!
Chicken drumsticks are always a good idea. Adults and kids love them, they are usually cheaper than other cuts and are easy to prepare and cook!
These chicken drumsticks are made in the air fryer, use a few simple spices you already have in your spice cabinet and are done in just 30 minutes. They make the best party appetizer or can be paired with some sides for an easy dinner.
All you need is a few ingredients to make these drumsticks!
- Drumsticks- this recipe calls for 3 pounds of chicken for 6 servings, but you can use more or less depending on how many people you are cooking for.
- Spices- you need simple spices for this recipe (garlic and onion powder, cayenne and paprika).
- Buffalo sauce- I love The New Primal buffalo sauce, but use your favorite.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Prep time + cook time = just 30 minutes! These will be ready in no time.
Combine all spices into a large bowl and coat each drumstick with the spices using your hands.
Spray the drumsticks with cooking spray and cook in an even layer in the air fryer for 25 minutes. Coat with buffalo sauce and enjoy!
Hint: Cooking time depends on your individual air fryer so be sure to keep an eye on the drumsticks for the last few minutes to ensure they don't burn.
If you want to try some other spice variations, go for it. You can use the same cooking time. Some ideas:
- Lemon pepper: salt, black pepper, garlic powder, lemon pepper and lemon juice.
- Dry rub: salt, black pepper, garlic and onion powder, paprika, cayenne and brown sugar.
Grab what you need for this recipe:
- Air fryer
- Bowl or casserole dish
- Measuring spoons needed: ½ teaspoon, 1 teaspoon, ½ cup.
These drumsticks will last for up to 5 days in the fridge in a ziplock bag or airtight container.
Reheat in the microwave for 1 minute or using the air fryer or oven at 350 degrees for 5-10 minutes.
Preheat your air fryer before cooking to achieve crispy drumsticks.
Using a paper towel, pat the drumsticks dry to remove excess moisture before seasoning with the spices.
Make sure the chicken has reached an internal temperature of at least 165 degrees F. Cook to 185 degrees F for no redness near the bone.
More Air Fryer Recipes
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE 30-MINUTE RECIPE COOKBOOK!
You'll get my 8 best family-friendly, 30-minute recipes, complete with ingredients and instructions!
Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
- 3 pounds chicken drumsticks
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 ½ teaspoons smoked paprika
- cooking oil spray
- ½ cup buffalo sauce
- Preheat the air fryer to 375 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine salt, black pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, cayenne and smoked paprika.
- Pat dry the chicken drumsticks with a paper towel. Place the chicken legs in a large casserole dish or bowl and rub the spice mixture all over the chicken until each leg is fully coated.
- Place the chicken drumsticks in an even layer in the air fryer, spray lightly with cooking oil and cook for 25 minutes, flipping halfway through, or until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F.
- Add drumsticks to a bowl with the buffalo sauce and toss to coat. Serve and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please leave a rating and a comment. I love to know what you are making and ratings help me to create more delicious recipes for you!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.