There's nothing quite like a lazy Sunday on the couch in front of the television with snacks on hand.
These dry rub wings are also the perfect dish to bring to your next football party, tailgate or get-together. They're sweet and spicy and perfect to grab while watching the game or catching up with friends. Everyone will enjoy them!
Ingredients & Substitutions
- Chicken wings
- Garlic- preferably, use fresh garlic cloves but you can also use garlic powder.
- Smoked paprika- the smokiness adds a very distinct and delicious flavor.
- Cayenne pepper- adjust the amount of cayenne depending on your tolerance to spicy foods.
- Honey- the honey adds some sweetness and creates a nice crust on the wings.
Full ingredient list and quantities are in the recipe card below.
You only need a few kitchen tools for this recipe:
- Large bowl
- Kitchen tongs
- Air fryer
- Measuring spoons needed: 1 tablespoon, ½ teaspoon, and 1 teaspoon.
Let's make these dry rub wings:
- Pat chicken wings dry with a paper towel and add wings to a large bowl.
- Coat the wings with spices.
- Air fry and enjoy!
- Cut the wings. If you can find precut wings, skip this. However, you can't find them in all stores. Use a good pair of kitchen shears or a sharp knife and cut them right at the joint. Find more tips on cutting chicken wings here.
- Remove extra moisture. Before you season the chicken, pat the wings down with a paper towel. If the wings are too moist, they can become soggy.
- Cook the wings in the oven instead. If you don't have an air fryer, you can cook the wings in the oven instead. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and cook the wings on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Cook for 25-30 minutes, flipping the wings halfway through.
More Air Fryer Recipes
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE 30-MINUTE RECIPE COOKBOOK!
You'll get my 8 best family-friendly, 30-minute recipes, complete with ingredients and instructions!
Easy Air Fryer Dry Rub Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ inch ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel, then add wings to a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix with hands until wings are fully coated with the spices.
- Add the wings to the air fryer basket and cook for 20-25 minutes, checking and flipping halfway through.
- Remove the wings from the air fryer, let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please leave a rating and a comment. I love to know what you are making and ratings help me to create more delicious recipes for you!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.