These Air Fryer Dry Rub Wings are tender, juicy and flavorful. They are crispy and easy to make in your air fryer to enjoy at home or at your next party!
There's nothing quite like a lazy Sunday on the couch in front of the television with snacks on hand.
These wings are also the perfect dish to bring to your next football party, tailgate or get together. They're sweet and spicy and perfect to grab while watching the game or catching up with friends
Of course you need chicken wings! But, you also need a few spices and seasonings you should already have in your pantry:
- Chicken wings
- Garlic- preferably, use fresh garlic cloves but you can also use garlic powder.
- Smoked paprika- the smokiness adds a very distinct and delicious flavor.
- Cayenne pepper- adjust the amount of cayenne depending on your tolerance to spicy foods.
- Honey- the honey adds some sweetness and creates a nice crust on the wings.
- Adobo seasoning
- Onion powder
- Salt & black pepper
- Olive oil
You only need a few kitchen tools for this recipe:
- Large bowl
- Kitchen tongs
- Air fryer
- Measuring spoons needed: 1 tablespoon, ½ teaspoon, and 1 teaspoon.
Let's make these dry rub wings:
Begin by preheating the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Then, pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel and add wings to a large bowl.
Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl with the wings and mix with your hands until the wings are fully coated with the spices.
Place the wings in the air fryer basket and cook for 20-25 minutes, checking and flipping halfway through. The internal temperature of the wings should be 165 degrees F.
Remove the wings from the air fryer, let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
- Cut the wings. If you can find precut wings, skip this. However, you can't find them in all stores. Use a good pair of kitchen shears or a sharp knife and cut them right at the joint. Find more tips on cutting chicken wings here.
- Remove extra moisture. Before you season the chicken, pat the wings down with a paper towel. If the wings are too moist, they can become soggy.
- Cook the wings in the oven instead. If you don't have an air fryer, you can cook the wings in the oven instead. Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F and cook the wings on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet. Cook for 25-30 minutes, flipping the wings halfway through.
Try these other air fryer recipes
5 Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes!
Easy Air Fryer Dry Rub Chicken Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ inch ginger minced
- 1 teaspoon adobo seasoning
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F.
- Pat the chicken wings dry with a paper towel, then add wings to a large bowl. Add the rest of the ingredients to the bowl and mix with hands until wings are fully coated with the spices.
- Add the wings to the air fryer basket and cook for 20-25 minutes, checking and flipping halfway through.
- Remove the wings from the air fryer, let cool for a few minutes and enjoy!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.