This tasty Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos recipe is an irresistible fusion of crispy shrimp, spicy seasoning and fresh flavors. The shrimp is cooked to a golden brown and paired with a creamy avocado sauce to bring excitement to a simple dinner for your busy weeknights.
Some of my favorite meals are easy taco recipes for my busy days. Add these air-fried shrimp tacos to your dinner table for the next taco night with friends.
🌟Why You'll Love this Recipe
- Simple ingredients. The shrimp is tossed in spices like chili powder, garlic powder, paprika, and cayenne pepper.
- Cooking time. From start to finish this recipe is made in just 18 minutes!
🥘Ingredients and Substitutions
- Shrimp- I always recommend wild-caught shrimp and I especially love Argentine shrimp. Try to buy it already peeled and deveined to save yourself prep time.
- Tortillas- use your favorite corn tortillas or flour tortillas. You can also opt for lettuce wraps.
- Greek yogurt- I prefer the taste of yogurt but it can easily be subbed with sour cream or dairy-free yogurt. Try my Salmon Patties with Yogurt Sauce next!
- Shredded lettuce- it's easy to find but you can chop your own or opt for a coleslaw mix instead.
- Spice mix- use that pack of leftover taco seasoning instead of combining all the ingredients for the shrimp rub if you are short on time.
- Toppings- feel free to replace the pico de gallo with some of your own favorite salsa or whatever you have in-house.
See the recipe card below for the remaining ingredients and quantities.
Step 1: Pre-heat the air fryer to 400 degrees F. Add the shrimp to a bowl with the spices.
Step 2: Squeeze in the lime juice and mix to coat the shrimp.
Step 3: Place the shrimp in the air fryer and cook for 8 minutes.
Yes! It is safe to cook shrimp from frozen. If you don't have fresh shrimp, using store-bought frozen shrimp is great and it only takes minutes in a cool water bath to defrost.
Spray olive oil or cooking spray on the air fryer basket or tray to prevent sticking.
I recommend marinating the shrimp no more than 2 hours ahead of time. For the preferred tender shrimp, I don't recommend cooking shrimp ahead of time as they cook very quickly and it can affect the texture.
Cooked shrimp is good for 3-4 days when stored in an airtight container in the fridge.
- To ensure crispy shrimp, pat them dry with paper towels before seasoning and cooking. Excess moisture on the shrimp can hinder the crisping process.
- Defrost frozen shrimp in a shallow bowl with cold water before cooking.
- Arrange the shrimp in a single layer in the air fryer, ensuring they have enough space between them. Overcrowding may lead to uneven cooking and prevent proper crisping.
Serve these air fryer shrimp tacos on your next Taco Tuesday along with some delicious sides and drinks. Start the party off with my Habanero Salsa, and pair it with this Spicy Skinny Margarita or Skinny Grapefruit Margaritas.
More Taco Recipes
Did you make this recipe? Please leave a 5-star ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ rating & comment below to let me know how it came out. Thanks for visiting!
Air Fryer Shrimp Tacos
- 1 pound wild-caught shrimp, peeled and deveined
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- ½ lime, juiced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado
- ½ lime, juiced
- ¼ cup cilantro
- ¼ cup Greek or Skyr yogurt, plain and unsweetened
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼-½ cup water
- Small corn or flour tortillas
- Shredded lettuce
- Pico de gallo
- Lime wedges
- Preheat the air fryer to 400 degrees F, if needed.
- Combine the shrimp with the spices, lime juice and olive oil in a bowl.
- Air fry the shrimp at 400 degrees F for 8 minutes.
- While the shrimp is cooking, add all of the crema ingredients aside from the water to a food processor or high-speed blender and blend until smooth. Pour in the water ¼ cup at a time until smooth and creamy. Add more water if it seems too thick.
- Heat the tortillas over the flame of a gas stove for 15-30 seconds per side until slightly charred. You can also warm the tortillas in a skillet or in the microwave for about 1 minute.
- Assemble the tacos by adding the lettuce to a tortilla, top with 4-5 shrimp then some pico de gallo and drizzle with the crema.
- Serve with lime wedges, if desired.
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.