These Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes are healthy and easy to make. They are the perfect side dish to accompany any meal and can easily be customized!
If you love crispy potatoes, you will love these air fryer hasselback potatoes. They are perfectly crispy on the outside and soft in the middle, the perfect combo! This air fryer cooks these potatoes quicker than the oven so you can have dinner done sooner.
Ingredients and Substitutions
This recipe only requires 6 ingredients!
- Potatoes- I used russet potatoes but Yukon gold potatoes will also work for this recipe.
- Olive oil- if you prefer, you can also use melted butter.
- Salt and black pepper
- Garlic powder- 2 minced garlic cloves will also be great for this hasselback potato recipe.
- Herbs- any fresh herbs will work here; parsley, thyme and rosemary are all great options.
See the recipe card for quantities.
Slice the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into thin slices, stopping before you cut through the potato.
Season the potatoes. Brush the olive oil and herb mixture over the potatoes and in between the slices.
Cook. Air fry the potatoes until tender and golden. Let cool for a few minutes and serve.
Grab what you need for this recipe:
- Cutting board
- Chef's knife
- Small bowl
- Basting or pastry brush
- Air fryer
- Measuring cups and spoons needed: ½ teaspoon, 1 teaspoon and 1 tablespoon.
This air fryer hasselback potato recipe is simple but also really tasty. However, there are a few ways you can switch up this recipe.
- Cheese- add slices of cheese in between the potato slices with about 5 minutes of cooking time left.
- Toppings- add bacon, tomatoes, guacamole, or queso on top for a delicious loaded potato.
- Seasoning- use different spices, such as chili powder, smoked paprika or Italian seasoning.
The name comes from the restaurant Hasselbacken in Sweden where they were first served.
Store the potatoes in an airtight container in the fridge for about 3 days. You can reheat in the air fryer or oven at 350 degrees F for 5-10 minutes. You will probably want to add more oil or butter before reheating.
Here's my top tip for cutting these potatoes.
Place two chopsticks on a cutting board and place a potato on top and slice thinly. The chopsticks will prevent you from cutting through the potato. (See the video below).
More Air Fryer Recipes
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE 30-MINUTE RECIPE COOKBOOK!
You'll get my 8 best family-friendly, 30-minute recipes, complete with ingredients and instructions!
Air Fryer Hasselback Potatoes Recipe
- 2 medium-sized russet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons herbs of choice (parsley, thyme, rosemary, etc.) finely chopped
- Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut the potatoes into ⅛-1/4 inch slices. Place two chopsticks on a cutting board and place a potato on top and slice. The chopsticks will prevent you from cutting through the potato. (See the video below).
- Preheat the air fryer to 350 degrees F.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil or butter, salt, pepper, garlic powder and herbs. Brush the mixture over the potatoes and in between the slices.
- Place the potatoes in the air fryer and cook for 30-40 minutes until tender and golden. Let cool for a few minutes and serve. *Check the potatoes at 20 minutes and brush with more olive oil if needed.
If you make this recipe, please leave a rating and a comment. I love to know what you are making and ratings help me to create more delicious recipes for you!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.