This Peanut Sauce Stir Fry is quick and easy to make! Serve it over rice, quinoa or your favorite noodles. It's a delicious and healthy alternative to takeout that everyone will love.
I don't know about you, but I love a good stir fry! With the right sauce, the flavors are just so good. And the best part? It's a one-pan recipe that usually takes under 30 minutes, including prep time.
If you love peanut butter you are going to love this delicious peanut sauce stir fry. You probably already have most, if not all of the ingredients at home. This will be your new favorite alternative to takeout!
The full list of ingredients is in the recipe card below but I wanted to highlight a few for you here:
- Vegetables- the recipe calls for broccoli, onion and red pepper. However, if you have other veggies at home you need to use, you can swap them out. This recipe is very versatile.
- Peanut butter- use unsweetened, smooth peanut butter for the sauce. We will be adding honey to sweeten it up, so no need for the added sugar.
- Coconut aminos- I prefer coconut aminos to soy sauce for the lower sodium content, but you can use soy sauce or tamari.
- Red pepper flakes- I added red pepper flakes to give the sauce a little kick. Add more if you prefer or eliminate the red pepper altogether if you don't like spice.
This recipe is really easy to prep and to make. Begin by dicing the chicken and vegetables. Add them to a hot pan with some oil and cook for a few minutes.
Make the sauce by combining all of the ingredients in a small bowl and mix until smooth. Add the sauce to the pan and simmer until everything is cooked. Serve and enjoy!
Serve this over your favorite rice, cauliflower rice, quinoa or even noodles, such as udon or rice.
Yes! This would be a great meatless meal. The peanut butter already provides some protein, but if you want more, use tofu or tempeh in place of the chicken.
You can use any veggies that you like! Cauliflower, zucchini, snow peas and asparagus are all great options.
This can be stored in the fridge in an airtight container for about 3-4 days. If you want to make this as a freezer meal, let it cool completely, then store it in a freezer-safe container or bag. Let it thaw overnight in the fridge and reheat it in the skillet.
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE 30-MINUTE RECIPE COOKBOOK NOW!
You'll get my 8 best family-friendly 30-minute recipes, complete with ingredients and instructions!
Peanut Sauce Stir Fry
- 1 pound chicken breasts cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 yellow onion diced
- 1 red pepper diced
- 2 cups broccoli florets cut into bite-sized pieces
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Heat 1 tablespoon of cooking oil in large skillet over medium-high heat. Once hot, add onion, red pepper and broccoli and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Add the chicken to the pan with ½ teaspoon of salt and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Combine the sauce ingredients in a small bowl or container. Once mixed together, pour into the pan with the chicken and vegetables.
- Allow the stir fry and sauce to simmer for 5-10 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. If the sauce appears too runny, create a slurry by combining 1 tablespoon of corn starch or arrowroot powder with a ½ cup of cold water and pour this into the pan to help thicken the sauce.
- Turn off heat and serve over rice or noodles. Enjoy!
If you make this recipe, please leave a rating and a comment. I love to know what you are making and ratings help me to create more delicious recipes for you!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.