The perfect salty, sweet and tart combo, this Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce is perfect for all the holiday parties! This cranberry brie appetizer will be a hit with kids and adults. Warm brie with cranberry is an easy 20-minute appetizer.
If you're in need of a quick last-minute appetizer for a party you are hosting or if you need a dish to bring to someone else's house, this recipe is perfect for you!
Cranberry and brie is the perfect combo of salty, tart and sweet. Baked brie on its own is delicious but the cranberry sauce adds an extra layer of flavor and the perfect seasonal touch. Grab your favorite crackers or some crusty bread and get ready to dig in!
If you love cranberries you will also love my Cranberry Orange Chicken Thighs.
Why You'll Love this Recipe
- Simple. This recipe requires minimal work. There's only 5 minutes of prep time.
- Minimal ingredients. You only need 6 total ingredients for this oven baked brie with cranberry sauce.
- Crowd-pleaser. Everyone will enjoy this appetizer and it will be gone in no time!
Ingredients and Substitutions
- Cranberries- fresh or frozen whole cranberries will work in this recipe. Don't use dried cranberries.
- Maple syrup- we are using this to sweeten the cranberry sauce. You only need 2 tablespoons and honey will also work.
- Balsamic vinegar- the balsamic vinegar will add some more sweetness and some acidity to the sauce.
- Brie- any 8-12 ounce brie will work.
See the recipe card below for quantities and remaining ingredients.
Grab what you need for this recipe:
The baked brie appetizer comes together in just a few steps! How to make baked brie with cranberry sauce:
- Make the homemade cranberry sauce.
- Pre-bake the brie wheel.
- Top the brie with cranberry sauce.
- Bake again and serve warm.
Yes, any store-bought cranberry sauce will work. Follow the recipe as written aside from making the sauce.
No. I don't recommend prepping this dish ahead of time. You can make the cranberry sauce a day or two before but bake the brie right before serving.
Storage and Reheating
I doubt there will be any leftovers, but if there are you can store the brie covered in the fridge or 1-2 days.
Reheat in the oven for 5-10 minutes at 375 degrees F. You can also reheat this appetizer in the middle of serving if it gets cold before everyone has tried it.
I love serving the baked brie with crackers or toasted baguette slices. Both are great for dipping.
Garnish with a rosemary sprig and sprinkle with some flakey sea salt. If you want to add more sweetness, drizzle more honey or maple syrup on top.
More Cranberry Recipes
DOWNLOAD YOUR FREE 30-MINUTE RECIPE COOKBOOK!
You'll get my 8 best family-friendly, 30-minute recipes, complete with ingredients and instructions!
Melted Baked Brie with Cranberry Sauce
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 8-12 (ounce) brie wheel
- flakey sea salt for topping
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- In a small saucepan over medium-high heat, add cranberries, maple syrup or honey, balsamic vinegar and rosemary. Stir occasionally until the cranberries burst and the sauce thickens about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, place the brie in a baking dish and bake for 5-7 minutes. Remove from the oven.
- Spread the cranberry sauce on top of the brie, place it back in the oven and bake for another 8-10 minutes.
- Serve immediately with crusty bread and/or crackers.
If you make this recipe, please leave a rating and a comment. I love to know what you are making and ratings help me to create more delicious recipes for you!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.