Cranberry Orange Chicken
These Cranberry Orange Chicken Thighs will impress any dinner guest and will be a hit with your family! Homemade cranberry sauce and the juice from fresh oranges are the perfect complements to chicken thighs.
Servings: 4 Servings
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 2 cups water
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken thighs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups fresh or frozen cranberries
- 1 large orange juiced and zested
- 3 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. Cook the rice according to package directions and set aside.
Season the chicken thighs with salt, pepper and garlic cloves.
Begin making the cranberry sauce by adding cranberries, orange juice, orange zest, honey, cinnamon, balsamic vinegar and rosemary to a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally until the cranberries burst and thicken, about 10 minutes.
Once thickened, turn off the heat and smash the cranberries with a fork or potato masher.
Add the cooked rice to a casserole dish and top with the chicken thighs. Spread the cranberry sauce over the chicken thighs.
Bake for 25-30 minutes until the chicken is cooked through. Transfer chicken to plates along with the rice and serve. Enjoy!
- Don't overcook the cranberry sauce! Cook just until the cranberries begin to burst, then remove from heat. If the cranberry sauce stays on the heat for too long, it can begin to burn and over-thicken.
- Do not attempt to cook the rice directly in the casserole dish. White rice needs about an hour to cook through evenly in the oven and won't work with the cook time for the cranberry chicken.
Serving: 1Serving | Calories: 350.52kcal | Carbohydrates: 26.91g | Protein: 19.23g | Fat: 18.91g | Saturated Fat: 5.08g | Polyunsaturated Fat: 3.94g | Monounsaturated Fat: 7.81g | Trans Fat: 0.1g | Cholesterol: 110.74mg | Sodium: 678.1mg | Potassium: 382.76mg | Fiber: 3.17g | Sugar: 20.58g | Vitamin A: 224.61IU | Vitamin C: 32.03mg | Calcium: 44.86mg | Iron: 1.12mg