These Chocolate Frosted Donuts perfectly sweet, frosted and refined sugar free! Almost, cakelike, they make the perfect dessert or morning snack.
Who doesn’t love donuts? I’ll admit these took me a couple tries to get the recipe just right but in the end they turned out perfect. They are super decadent and rich (brownie like) and I’m sure you’re going to love.
These are sweetened with coconut sugar and maple syrup instead of regular white sugar, adding the right amount of sweetness but with a little less guilt. The frosting is just coconut oil and dairy-free chocolate chips, I could honestly just eat this!
These are the perfect mid-morning snack to pair with coffee or as a sweet after dinner treat.
What if I don’t have a donut pan?
You can definitely use a muffin tin in place of a donut pan, it will taste the same. These are the pans I use, comes in a 3 pack! I love these because nothing sticks to the pan, highly recommend silicone.
How do you store these donuts?
You can store these donuts in a food storage container in the fridge for a few days or in the freezer for a few weeks. I would store the donuts un-frosted if freezing and once thawed, frost them before eating.
What you need for this recipe
- Whole wheat flour (can sub gluten free if needed)
- Coconut sugar
- Baking powder
- Cocoa powder
- Maple syrup
- Non-dairy milk of choice (I used coconut)
- Coconut oil
- Non-dairy chocolate chips (I used Enjoy Life)
Don’t forget to tag me on Instagram if you make these! xo, Sarah
Check out similar recipes:
Chocolate Frosted Donuts
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk of choice
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/4 cup non dairy chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease donut pan(s)
- Add all ingredients for donuts in large bowl
- Stir well until combined
- Pour batter into donut molds, filling 3/4 way full
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Meanwhile make frosting by combining coconut oil and chocolate chips in small bowl, heat in microwave for 1 minute until melted
- Once donuts are done, cool for a few minutes then dip into frosting
Check out my ebook for even more baked goods!