This Instant Pot Chicken Chili is a delicious dinner that is done in less than one hour and requires minimal prep. It's perfect for the whole family!
This chicken chili recipe is perfect for busy and chilly nights. Just throw everything into your Instant Pot, let it cook for 20 minutes and enjoy.
Chili is the best for enjoying on game day or you can meal prep to eat for lunch all week long.
What you need for this Instant Pot Chicken Chili:
- Chicken breasts
- Yellow onion
- Green bell pepper
- Chili powder
- Cayenne pepper
- Can of fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- Chicken broth
How to make this Instant Pot Chicken Chili:
Add chicken breasts to the bottom of the Instant Pot or pressure cooker. Dice a yellow onion, green bell pepper and jalapeño and add to the pot with the chicken.
Add in minced garlic cloves, salt, black pepper and spices. Pour in a can of diced tomatoes and two cups of chicken broth.
Stir everything together and put the lid on the Instant Pot. Set it to seal and use the chili setting, if you have it, or manually pressure cook on high for 20 minutes.
Allow a natural release for 10 minutes or quick release by switching to vent. Take the pieces of chicken out, put them on a plate and shred with two forks.
Add the chicken back in to the chili and stir to combine everything. Serve in bowls and enjoy!
Can this be made on the stove?
Yes, this recipe can be made on the stovetop or in a slow cooker.
If using stovetop, heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat, then add diced onion, bell pepper and jalapeño to the pan. Stir and cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
Add in minced garlic and a can of diced tomatoes. Stir to combine. Stir in spices, salt and pepper and chicken broth. Bring chili to a simmer. Turn down heat to medium-low, cover and cook for about 45 minutes. Remove chicken, shred, return it back to the pot, stir and serve.
Add everything to a slow cooker, cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. Turn off the slow cooker, remove chicken and shred with two forks. Add chicken back with the rest of the ingredients, stir and serve with your favorite toppings.
Stay in Touch
Make sure you subscribe to my newsletter! I send emails of "What to make, read, and listen to" each month and also include some of my favorite products and purchases. Plus, you'll receive my top Air Fryer Tips + Recipes!
I love interacting with my community on all social channels, so don't forget to follow me on Instagram, Facebook and Pinterest!
Instant Pot Chicken Chili
- 1-1.5 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeño, deseeded and diced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can fire-roasted diced tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broth
- Add chicken breasts to the bottom of the Instant Pot or pressure cooker. Top with yellow onion, bell pepper and jalapeño.
- Add in minced garlic, salt and black pepper and spices. Pour in the can of diced tomatoes and chicken broth.
- Stir everything together and put the lid on the Instant Pot. Set to seal and use the chili setting or manually pressure cook on high for 20 minutes.
- Allow a natural release for 10 minutes or quick release by switching to vent. Take the pieces of chicken out, put them on a plate and shred with two forks.
- Add the chicken back in to the pot and stir to combine everything. Top with avocado, cheese, cilantro, lime wedges and cilantro. Enjoy!