This Easy Veggie and Chicken Stir Fry is so much better than takeout and better for you! This 30-minute meal is spicy, sweet and savory, everyone will love it. Add your favorite veggies, more or less spice and serve over your favorite noodles or simple white rice. The perfect simple family meal will be ready in no time, perfect for busy nights!
Stir fry is one of my go-to meals when I can't decide what to have for dinner. It is so easy to toss a bunch of veggies and chicken, shrimp or steak into a pan with a good sauce. You'll have a delish dinner in under 30 minutes.
I always try to use similar ingredients when I am making stir fry sauces and they are always good, but this particular recipe turned out really good. I had to share!
Obviously, you need chicken for this easy chicken stir fry recipe, I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, however, you can also use thighs. You will also need:
- Red bell pepper
- Broccoli or broccolini
- Shallot or yellow onion
- Noodles or rice- I love brown or white Jasmine rice and also like these soba noodles.
You can make the sauce spicier or sweeter if you like, but this is what you will need for the stir fry sauce and marinade:
- Chili garlic sauce
- Coconut aminos or soy sauce
- Hoisin sauce
- Fish sauce
- Honey, brown sugar or coconut sugar
- Rice vinegar
The beauty of this chicken stir fry recipe is that it is so easy to customize! Here are my favorite ways:
- Use your favorite veggies- I used red bell pepper and broccolini for this recipe. However, you may also want to use broccoli florets, asparagus, carrots, or snap peas.
- Different proteins- chicken is great for this recipe, but beef such as a sirloin steak or shrimp are also great stir fry choices. Tofu is a great vegetarian option.
- Sauce- I typically always use coconut aminos or soy sauce, garlic, ginger, rice vinegar and honey or sugar in my stir fry sauce recipes. To customize, add sriracha, chili garlic sauce, hoisin, fish sauce, lime juice or even peanut butter. Check out these 7 Easy Stir Fry Sauces for inspiration.
5 Easy Weeknight Dinner Recipes!
Easy Chicken Stir Fry
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 2 cups broccoli florets or broccolini cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon corn starch or arrowroot powder + ½ cup cold water for thickening
- Marinate chicken for at least 2 hours or overnight in garlic, ginger, chili garlic sauce, coconut aminos and hoisin sauce.
- Heat sesame oil in large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add shallots, red pepper and broccoli and sauté for 4-5 minutes, until slightly softened.
- Add the chicken to pan and sauté for another 5 minutes.
- Combine the sauce ingredients and add to the pan and stir to combine everything.
- Whisk together water and cornstarch or arrowroot powder until dissolved, then stir into pan.
- Allow the sauce to thicken and cook for another 3-4 minutes and serve over noodles or rice. Enjoy!
Nutritional information is based on third-party calculations and should be considered estimates. Actual nutritional content will vary with brands used, measuring methods, portion sizes and more.